6 Days Kilimanjaro climbing Adventure Trip - Machame route
* Tour Highlights
Day 1: Kilimanjaro – Arusha – Machame Gate – Machame Camp
After breakfast we’ll transfer you to the Machame Park Gate (5,870 ft./ 1,790 mt.). After registering with the park authority, we’ll begin our climb through the lush forest.
Trekkers will likely hear the many exotic birds in the canopy above, and many even see black & white colobus monkeys and sykes monkeys as they hike along the knotted roots We’ll continue on to some heath land before reaching our overnight camp at Machame Camp (9,875 feet, 5-7 hours of walking), just above the forest zone. The trek is quite long, thus not steep.
Overnight at Machame Camp. All meals included.
Day 2: Mt Kilimanjaro – Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Today’s segment of the ascent will continue across beautiful heath land and afro-alpine moorland with magnificent views of Kilimanjaro Peak. We begin up the steep track through a savannah of tall grasses, and trees of Giant Heather and Erica.
Scramble around large boulders as you enter the moorland zone, marked by lobelia and senecia plants, and volcanic rocks draped with lichen beards, which protect wild alpine flowers growing at their bases. We’ll overnight at Shira Camp (12,615 feet, 4-5 hours of walking).
Overnight at Shira Camp. All meals included.
Day 3: Mt Kilimanjaro – Shira Camp to Barranco Camp
We’ll draw nearer the peak as we get closer to the Lava Tower. The trek becomes a bit more strenuous as the trail steepens on the approach to the lava Tower, a 300 foot tall volcanic plug which marks an exposed pass at 15,000 feet. In the afternoon, descend the steep track into the Great Barranco Valley.
Barranco Camp is set on a col (flat area) enclosed on three sides with steep valley walls and the Kibo massif itself. Hanging glaciers glint in the sunshine above, amidst the eerie landscape of plants such as the giant groundsels (Senecio Kilimanjari), and the uniquely endemic Giant Lobelia. Then we slowly ascent to our overnight stop at Barranco Camp (12,990 feet, 5-6 hours of walking).
Overnight at Barranco Camp. All meals included.
Day 4: Mt Kilimanjaro – Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp
The day will begin with a descent into the Gorge, before we climb its eastern wall where we will enjoy views of Kilimanjaro’s ice fields, an equatorial anomaly. We will continue trekking following the lava ridge to the Barafu camp
The temperature will grow colder and the landscape more sparse as we near Barafu Camp. Barafu Camp is set on a small, exposed flat area on a ridge, acting as a base camp from which you will make your summit attempt at midnight tonight. Barafu camp (15,225 feet, 6-7 hours of walking).
Overnight at Barafu Camp. All meals included.
Day 5: Mt Kilimanjaro – Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp
Just after midnight we start of a challenging trek(12-17 hours of trekking). You begin trekking at 12:00 to 1am, passing between the Rebmann and Tarzel glaciers to the rim at Stella Point. The temperatures range from just below freezing at midnight, to between 10 deg. F (-12 deg. C) to –10 F. (-23 deg. C) just before dawn at the summit.
As dawn nears, we’ll summit at Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa at 19,340 feet. Uhuru will be the culmination of – and the reward for – 6-7 hours of strenuous hiking. We’ll then descend back to Barafu Camp, resting for a while before continuing our descent to Mweka Camp (10,105 feet, 3-4 hours of walking on the descent).
Overnight at Mweka Camp. All meals included.
Day 6: Mt Kilimanjaro – Mweka Camp to Park Gate – Arusha
We’ll make our final descent to the park gate, a walk of about 2 to 3 hours. After bidding our farewells to our guide and porters, we’ll take you to Arusha or Moshi for extension.
- Driver/ Guide
- All game drives in safari bus
- Park fees
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up from and to hotel
- Extra lunch on the last day
- Mineral water
- Drinks at the lodge
East Africa Key Destinations
OTHER FEATURED SAFARI TOUR PACKAGES
- 5 Day Kenya Safari to Meru & Samburu
- 3 Days (2 nights) Meru National Park
- Wildebeests Migration Safari Tour
- 10 Days Kenya Bird Watching Safari from Nairobi
- Maasai Cultural Tour
- 16 Days (15 Nights) Kenya Tanzania safaris-Masai mara, Serengeti & Ngorongoro Safari
- 7 Days (6 Nights ) Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Machame Route Tanzania
- 7 DAYS LAKE MANYARA /SERENGETI/ NGORONGORO/ TARANGIRE SAFARI FROM ARUSHA
- 6 Days (5 Nights) Aberdare – Kigio Wildlife Conservancy – Masai Mara Safari Holiday Package
- 6 Day Tsavo /Amboseli /Nakuru /Naivasha /Maasai Mara Safari from Nairobi
- 6 Days Samburu /Abedares /Baringo / Nakuru Safari from Nairobi
- 6 Days Amboseli / Masai Mara /Nakuru Safari from Nairobi
- 6 Days Amboseli/ Masai mara/ Nakuru/Baringo/Bogoria Safari Tour
- 5 Days Tarangire/ Manyara/ Serengeti/Ngorongoro Safari Tour from Arusha
- 5 Days (4 Nights) Aberdare & Lake Nakuru from Nairobi
- 5 Days Mt Kenya Climbing Adventure Trip Sirimon route
- 4 Days (3 Nights) Masai Mara & Amboseli Safari from Nairobi
- 4 Days (3 Nights) Amboseli National Park – Tsavo National Park from Nairobi
- 4 Days (3 Nights) Mt. Kenya Narumoru Route
- 4 Days (3 Nights) Aberdare / Samburu Game Reserve from Nairobi
- 4 Days (3 Nights) Masai Mara – Nakuru National Park Safari
- 3 Days (2 Nights) Samburu Game Reserve Safari
- 3 Days (2 Nights) Masai Mara Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 3 Days Tsavo East & Amboseli Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 2 Days Tsavo East/West Mzima Springs
- 2 Days Tsavo East Safari Tour from Galu Beach
- 1 Day Tsavo East Day Trip from Diani Beach
- 14 Days Kenya & Tanzania Safari Holiday Package
- 12 Days (11 Nights) Kenya & Tanzania safari
- 11 Days Kenya & Tanzania Safari Holiday Package
- 9 Days Kenya & Tanzania Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 6 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Climbing Safari Umbwe Route
- 6 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Climbing Safari – Rongai Route
- 6 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Climbing Trip Marangu Route
- 6 Days Kilimanjaro climbing Adventure Trip – Machame route
- 4 Days Amboseli and Masai Mara Air Flight Safaris
- 4 Days Masai Mara Air Safari from Diani / Mombasa
- 3 Days Masai Mara Air Flight Safari from Diani / Mombasa
- 2 Days Masai Mara Air Safari from Mombasa
- 6 Days Tanzania Adventure Safari
- 5 Days Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro – Tanzania Safari
- 4 Days Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Tarangire Safari Tour from Arusha
- 4 Days Ngorongoro and Serengeti Safari Tour – Tanzania
- (10 Days) Kenya Adventure Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 7 Days Kenya Great Safari from Mombasa
- 5 Days Big Game Safari Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach
- 6 Days Kenya Big 5 Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 5 Days Kenya Honeymoon Safari from Diani Beach
- 9 Days Kenya Safari Tour from Nairobi
- 5 Days Bravo Safari-Masai Mara & Lake Nakuru National Parks
- 8 Days Kenya Honeymoon Safari from Nairobi
- 1 Day Dolphin Snorkelling Trip to Wasini Kisite
- 1 Day Shimba Hills Excursion from Mombasa
- 1 Day Mombasa City Tour Excursion
- 8 Days Jungle Safari – Tsavo East / West Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara, Lake Naivasha
- 7 Days Kibo Safari – Tsavo East/West, Amboseli, Lake Naivasha Masai Mara Lake Nakuru
- 5 Days Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara Safari tour from Nairobi Kenya
- 4 DAYS TSAVO EAST & AMBOSELI SAFARI TOUR FROM MOMBASA